It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roswell Auction Drabbles
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:14 pm 
Fan Fic Follower

So, after the auction was over, I contacted the five other people who'd bid on me and offered to write them each a drabble, with a chosen pairing and prompt, since they each helped the auction along. I PM'd or emailed them seperately, but I'll put them all here. These vary (a lot!) in length... I just wrote whatever came to me.

Drabble #1

For: nibbles2
Pairing: Michael and Maria
Prompt: Handcuffs

Slow on the Uptake

“What in the hell are these?”

Maria looked up to see what had raised her boyfriend’s hackles this time. “What are what?”

He was holding the offending item by his thumb and forefinger, almost daintily. Maria chuckled at the thought. “They’re handcuffs, Michael. I would’ve thought that you of all people would be fairly familiar with them.”

“They’re pink. And… fluffy,” he deadpanned, in the same tone of voice she herself would have used for words like “dirty” and “disgusting.”

“They’re from Liz’s bachelorette. I kept them as a souvenir.”

“For what?” he asked, still incredulous.

She very nearly groaned. He could be so dense sometimes. “I’m sure we can find things to do with them.”

In an instant his expression changed from repulsed to acutely interested. “We?”

She laughed. “You know, you’re usually not so slow, Spaceboy.”

He grinned wolfishly in response. “I can make up for that.”

Post subject: Re: Roswell Auction Drabbles
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:17 pm 
Fan Fic Follower

Drabble #2

For: midwestmax
Pairing: Liz and Maria
Prompt: Snowman

Snow.Man.

Maria’s first experience with snow was on a trip to the mountains with Liz and her parents, when they were ten. The snow crunched more than she’d ever imagined, and it didn’t really look like stars or doilies or paper cut outs, either. It mostly looked like little chips of ice. Maria had been particularly disappointed about this, and it didn’t help when Liz explained that it had probably melted and refrozen, so the crystallized shapes would have rearranged in the process.

It wasn’t the only reason Maria was in a bad mood. The last day of school, before the Christmas break, Tommy Coolie had stuck his tongue in her mouth, and she decided she hated boys. It was just going to be her and Liz, from now on. Solidarity, sister! She didn’t really know what that meant, but her mom said it a lot when she didn’t like men.

The snowman they were building was okay, though… she supposed. Maybe that was the answer, a man you could mold to your will…

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:21 pm 
Fan Fic Follower

Drabble #3

For: jbangelo
Pairing: Kyle/Isabel
Prompt: Awkward

Sexhiled

“Isabel? What are you doing out here?” She was sitting looking very out-of-place on the curb outside of the hotel they were spending the weekend in, somewhere outside of Phoenix. Kyle had been out to a payphone, closer to the highway, calling his dad for one of their extremely short check-ups to let him know they were all okay. He was on his way back when he found her there.

Isabel looked up at Kyle and gave him a grimace. “I was sort of… asked to leave.”

Kyle’s brow furrowed. “What happened? Did you get in an argument or something…?” He knew Isabel and Maria had never been exactly buddy-buddy, but fighting wasn’t really high on anybody’s to-do list when you were running from the law.

She rolled her eyes. “Not like that. Let’s just say… if Michael owned a tie, it’d be on the doorknob.”

Kyle raised his eyebrows as comprehension dawned, then made a face. “Sorry. And Max and Liz…?”

“Do you even need to ask?”

Kyle snorted. “That’s it. From now on, we’re getting our own room.”

“Excuse me?”

Kyle reddened as he followed his own unintended implication. “Not like that,” he said, not that he wouldn’t have minded it, so much. “Just so you don’t get stuck out in the cold like this.”

Phoenix was hardly cold, but Isabel smiled at his chivalry anyhow.

“And for now, milady,” he said, holding a hand out to help her up, “how ‘bout we go and get a bite to eat or something?

Isabel took his hand and laughed. “At least now you’re considering taking me to dinner first.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:31 pm 
Fan Fic Follower

Drabble #4 (Okay, so this one's really a short one-shot... between my ship and the song, I got completely carried away.)

For: StargazerUK
Pairing: Alex and Isabel
Prompt: He didn't give me one, but this is inspired in part by Travis' "Luv."

The Leanna Mantra

And the mistake we made
was in never having planned
to fall in love, Luv.

--Travis

"Leanna, Leanna, Leanna." Alex Whitman said the name over and over to himself as the commuter plane touched down in Roswell's small airport. "Leanna, Leanna, Leanna."

The elderly couple next to him as they started deboarding were exchanging looks that might be questioning his sanity, but he ignored them. He needed to keep the mantra up. He needed to keep his focus on the blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauty he'd left half a world away. Because if he didn't, then he might start thinking about another blonde-haired, not-so-blue-eyed, needed-a-whole-new-word-for-gorgeous-just-to-explain-her-beauty kind of--

But he was doing it again! "Leanna, Leanna, Leanna." Because really, Leanna had been sweet and wonderful, and… and…

Not Isabel. But he'd waited for her for so long, and Leanna had been proof that Alex could be okay in a not-Isabel world. And if he could be okay in a country several thousands of miles away from Isabel, then he could certainly be okay in the same town as her. Or… maybe he could avoid her, at least. Have the girls keep watch for him at school or something, give him a five-second warning so he could get away fast enough to--

"Alex!"

He's barely stepped into the airport when he heard the excited yell, and… his stomach dropped to the vicinity of his shoes.

Isabel Evans herself was standing halfway across the room in skinny black jeans and a turtleneck/jacket ensemble that looked… well, way too good on her.

Leanna, Leanna, Leanna, he thought, but the words had all but lost their meaning. Isabel was giving him a thousand-watt smile, and before he knew what was happening, she had thrown her arms around his neck. "I'm so glad you're home!"

"Isabel?" he said, when he finally found his voice. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was in the neighborhood," she said, then rolled her eyes. "What do you think I'm doing here? I'm picking you up. It took some persuading to convince your mom, but I really wanted to be the first thing you saw when you got back to Roswell."

As she'd spoken she'd taken his duffle bag from where it had fallen when he'd hugged her back on instinct, and was headed to the baggage claim area. He tried to get her to relinquish the bag unsuccessfully, and he was grateful that the luggage came uncharacteristically quickly as Isabel filled him in on the highlights of what he'd missed in Roswell while he was away.

They were headed to her car before his mind had reacted enough to the shock to be able to form a coherent response.

"Wait, wait, wait," he said, as Isabel started telling him about Max and some cancer kids at Christmas… a story he'd heard about even in Stockholm, actually.

Isabel looked up at the interruption as she popped the trunk and was putting his duffle inside. It was a fairly chilly night, and if he'd allowed himself he'd be thinking about how amazing she looked in the moonlight, but instead he focused on what he was trying to say. "I don't understand, Isabel. Really… I mean, no offense, but what are you doing here?"

The strangely happy smile she'd had on her face pretty much since he'd seen her suddenly slipped away into uncertainty. "I just… missed you, is all."

"What about Grant?" he asked, evenly.

She looked away. "What about Grant?"

Alex groaned. This was exactly what he'd been hoping to avoid. "I can't really do this, Isabel. This isn't fair. You know, all the time I was in Sweden I was thinking I'm better than this, that I deserve better than this, and you know what, I do. I can't just be your fall-back guy anymore. I can't do it. I'm sorry." He sighed, trying not to look at her wounded face. If he did he'd just buckle and apologize and be right back where he didn't want to be. "Just… lemme call Maria, I'm sure she can pick me up," he said, reaching for the duffle she'd already stowed.

Before he pulled it out, though, she'd put a restraining hand on his wrist. "Alex, wait," she said, and there was something in her voice that stilled his motions. "Alex, I don't care about Grant. I never did, you know that."

Alex sighed again, and turned to face her, though he couldn't quite meet her eyes. "I don't even know where to begin, Isabel."

"Look, maybe I do," she said pleadingly, and so he looked at her expectantly, thankful for the virtual privacy of the near-empty parking lot.

Isabel took a deep breath, like she was readying herself to give a practiced speech. "Alex, I know we were getting… close, last Spring. And I know that we both thought we were ready to have a relationship." He opened his mouth to comment, but she held a hand up. "And I know that after what happened to Max… in the white room… I kind of just disappeared on you."

"Isabel…"

"No, please, Alex, let me just say all of this, okay?" Surprised, he nodded, and she went on. "The thing is… I might have been ready for a relationship with you. But I wasn't ready to fall in love with you. And I did. Somewhere along the line. I realized it that night, when you held me, as I dreamwalked Max. Because I'd never been grounded to another person as much as I was grounded to you that night. And then to see what had happened to him… what might happen to you, if someone tried to use you against us… it was too much, Alex. I saw what they did to him. And I couldn't let anything like that happen to you."

Alex's heart was pounding in his ears… he could only half understand the things she was saying. She fell in love? But the fear on her face… that was real fear, and it hit him like a punch in the stomach. "Isabel," he said, soothingly, running a hand up and down her arm.

"So I decided to push you away, as much as I could," she said, ever prepared, following the script in her mind. "I saw Grant and I thought maybe that'd be enough to push you away. But then when you left for Sweden… and you didn't even say goodbye to me…"

Alex winced. Gah, he was a jerk. "Isabel, I'm sorry."

"I just… I realized I didn't want you to go. I wanted you here. With me. I missed you."

He cupped her face in his hands, wiping a stray tear away with his thumb. "I missed you, too, Isabel," he said, admitting what he hadn't been able to all the time he'd been away. "I missed you like hell. I've been missing you. Even before I left. That's why I had to get away."

She took a deep breath as he continued to trace her face with his thumbs. "So we're okay?"

"Okay?" he asked, grinning. "You just said you love me. And I love you. Yeah. I think we're okay."

As he leaned in to kiss her, he remembered vaguely that he'd been reminding himself of someone, something else… but his mantra had failed utterly, and Alex found he didn't care in the least.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:51 am 
Sock Puppet's Luvah

loved them. thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:03 pm 
Feedback Champion
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Lisa, those were fantastic. Loved the Stargazer piece. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:17 pm 

Location: Lost on a tropical island some where with Tess....so no rescue needed
I like the third one.Especially what Isabel's last line :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:26 am 
Fan Fic Follower

loved all three of them. Especially Snowmen - genius.