It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post-Doyle AtS: the Cordy knot (AtS spoilers)
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:43 am 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Angie wrote:
Nope, I haven't seen Angel since Doyle died. I liked him a lot though and did enjoy 1st Season very much! :D One question....how did Angel and Cordy get together??? I heard they got together...

In fact, if memory serves, they didn't reeeally get together as such. What is certain is that Angel started to have verrrry strong feelings, that they were mutual, and that he was going to tell her. Only, she got all elevated to god status - spiritually and geographically - as you do, and he kind of missed the opening (no rude pun intended).

The way he developed feelings for her I'm a bit fuzzy on, as my season 2 is a little rusty, but I think it involves him realising what a generous person she was, with all the vision-crap she put up with. Along with the fact that she was crowned Queen of Pylea, that she became a semi-god, and that she started seeing another guy/creature who was about just as yummy as he was. Jealousy always helps, girls. Oh, and her looks. (Have you seen the woman in a bikini on Ronnie Mars, post-pregnancy?! I'm a straight female and I want that body!)

Anyway, upon her return from cloudsville, she finally fell for the dark brooding mysterious charms and had a torrid night during which she got pregnant with his son... Um, rephrase that: blah blah blah... had a torrid night (during which she got pregnant) with his son. Again, that, just like the whole being in a godly plane of existence, tends to get in the way of romance slightly.

Then there was the pesky giving birth to a peace-and-love demon, and the equally hindering everlasting coma. Eventually she came out of her coma, and that's when they finally - almost - got together, but only so she could say goodbye, or, more specifically, "you're welcome" and put a stop to Angel's fervency once and for all by being indeed no longer in a coma, in the way that she was no longer full stop.

So, to answer your question, Angie, I'm not sure... :D