It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Smallville...why r superheroes always alone
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:58 pm 
Goddess Mod
 YIM  Profile

:twisted: :bash ok I need to do a mini rant and I figure there is no where like home to rant in. I don't know who else watches smallville. but I have discovered a rather distrubing trend in the superhero realm. THEY CAN'T BE HAPPY. THEY HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN LOVE AND DUTY. hello who came up with this. I mean I don't know if its because comic books authors many of them I don't know what but maybe this idea made them feel better but it drives me batty. completly batty. hello doesn't anyone think they should have a life someone to confort them. love them. stand by them. ok the whole lone brooder thing works for batman and even angel...but spiedy and supes are just not dark figures so its frustrating and watching smallville makes me want to scream on so many levels. ok rant is over. please throw in your thougts as well...who knows maybe I'm just looking at it wrongly

My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling but it wobbles and the letters get in the worng places - Pooh

Post subject: Re: Smallville...why r superheroes always alone
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:30 pm 
Dorkus Maximus and Super Wuss

Rant away sweetie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:54 am 
You're not alone in your rant. There are many times I have become frustrated seeing my favorite farm boy in Smallville having to say goodbye to a girl he loved. I think it's one of those things that goes with being a Superhero, though, because in the end (at least in my way of seeing it) they seem to look at the world at large thinking of how they are the ones who have to save it and sacrifice their own happiness to achieve it - Smallville is a great example of this I think, but I've seen it in Buffy as well. I watched Buffy make a lot of personal sacrifices to save the world and in the end, Spike died to save Buffy and the world so he sacrificed his future with Buffy to save them all. It kinda made him a hero too - at least to me...:) I wish though that superheroes in general could have loves and be the hero at the same time. I wish they had happier endings for themselves as well and I wish that Spike could have stayed alive and been with Buffy in the very end of the series - okay end of my mini rant! :lol :heart

Again this is my opinion only...:)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:07 am 
Dorkus Maximus and Super Wuss

Spike Angel and Buffy are living somewhere in say, St. Louis!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 am 
Yeah, I like that idea! As long as Spike is with Buffy St. Louis sounds like a great place to me for them to be! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:31 pm 
Goddess Mod
 YIM  Profile

I was reading about scripts and tv. and they mentioned that tv characters aren't susposed to really change or grow...its not a movie. and I thought that sucks. I mean drama is nice and all but heck it doesn't have to be redundant drama. and if my characters don't really grow or change then why the heck am I watching it. I mean that ok for laughs...but even then. what is this the simpsons. maybe that's why I love fanfic so much. we get to see and explore all that untapped character potential. and then seeing the actors play other roles you wander hmmm what if the inject that non broody there into a normally broody and hmmm whatcha got. just wandering.

My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling but it wobbles and the letters get in the worng places - Pooh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:38 pm 
I agree with you! I like seeing characters grow and change as they get older or as the series goes on. I think that adds depth to the show and it keeps me watching. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:44 pm 
I have to agree. It always irritated me that the heroes couldn't ever be happy. It's like because they have a duty to help others, they also have to be miserable. It really sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:12 am 

Location: Lost on a tropical island some where with Tess....so no rescue needed
Well sadly there was a superhero where that didn't happen.....Spider-man.In the comics Peter and Mary Jane were happily married for years and he was still able to do his superhero stuff.But the new moronic CEO they have at Marvel comics decided it would be a good idea to not only split Peter and MJ up but to tavel back in time and make it where they were NEVER a couple at all. :bash The man is beyond stupid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:06 pm 

I didn't know that had changed with the comic strips. I LOVED the Spiderman Movies though. :) I liked seeing Peter and MJ together. :) I thought that they made a great couple!!! :) I was hoping to see them get married in the last movie I saw, but I didn't. I'm hopeful that I will if another is made. :)