It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:29 pm 
Dorkus Maximus and Super Wuss

I am completely, totally and utterly disappointed. I am! From a book perspective, this movie SUCKED

1. Barty Crouch JR was NOT in the riddle house with voldie and wormtail at the beginning

2. No Percy, Bill, or Charlie

3. NO Winky - hello....pivotal character imho.

4. Weasleys were in the top box at the world cup with the malfoys and WINKY - yeah, remember WINKY

5. WTF was with the the way Beaux Batons and for the record, it's ba'ton, not batton and durmstrang came DANCING into the freaking Great Hall. WRONG WRONG WRONG. And on that same line..there was no BAND at the tournament.

6. DOBBY..where teh heck was DOBBY in all of this? REmember big googly eyed DOBBY - the one who gave Harry the gillyweed - yeah, that Dobby. But NO, Neville gives him the gillyweed, and btw...since when did Neville become the male equivilant of the belle of the ball...grrrrr

7. Wht was up with the final task? No acromantulas, no blast ended skrewts, no sphinx - and the maze....when did it become man eating bushes.

8. Oh...rita skeeter...does anybody besides me remember that she's an animangus and needs to get CAUGHT by hermione so that she can become a major plot device in oh..I don't know...the NEXT BOOK!

9. Why did Voldie give the whole mother's love is protecting Harry speech in the graveyard. Um...that's Dumbledore's job, isn't it?

Okay, there's way more, but I'm to cranked to write about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:28 pm 
Globetrotting Mod

****cough*** cough**** and I was planning on going to watch it !!

silly me, silly me :)
Don't get mad at me Tracie, I was just trying to lighten up your mood a little bit :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:16 pm 
Fan Fic Follower

I was also sad there was no Pigwidgeon. I was really looking forward to him. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:45 am 
Super Orb

I was forewarned about there being no house elves so I had time to wrap my head around "there is a difference between the book and the movie."

I walked out of this one a whole lot happier than I walked out of the last one. I was so UTTERLY disappointed the first time I saw PoA by the change in directors and what they had left out that I had to go back later to see if I even liked the movie.

In this one what they did that included Actual book scenes they did really well and they managed to make the rest mesh fairly well but they didn't always answer the questions well for the non book audience. My coworker who has never read the books did have a few questions when he returned. I continue to offer the books but he says they will just get dirty as he works on his wife's honey do list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:04 am 
Fan Fic Follower

I must admit that the book "Goblet of Fire" was my least favorite book of J.K's but it's not because it wasn't good but because it was harder for me to mull through the story while it only took me a few hours to finish one of the other books :roll:

The movie was also my least favorite of the films for all the same reasons you guys say. But I also think there was no character depth in this one. I just didn't feel that the relationships were used and exxplored to their full potential to tell the story. :? If that even makes sense.

I am thinking that this was the director's fault and the way they plotted out the story (I know the book is huge and they had to cut down some scenes to make it 2 and a half hours) but they left out some crucial scenes and the movie just didn't flow as well as the other 3.

Okay now that I have finished babbling (I know this will only make sense to me) I will leave you to the discussion. :oops:

Kara

BTW I was told not to re read the book before the movie or I would be highly disappointed (which I was anyway) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:49 pm 

I'm right with you on this movie. I was disappionted, but I also thought this was the best movie.

They put like 1/4 of the book in like 5 minutes...*shakes head* bad....

And, Dumbledore said there would be something dangerous in the Maze....*waiting...waiting* Where was the sphinx? :?

No Dursleys, not many Weasleys...and I thought Ron and Hermione were cut down a lot. And the house elfs!

The movie was only 2 and a half hours long..why couldn't they make it longer? LotR was over 3hrs, and this is SOO much better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:44 am 

I love it when people agree with me :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:19 pm 
Fan Fic Follower

Now that I've seen the movie a couple more times, I'm still sad about the lack of Ron/Hermione in it.... I feel like they paid more attention to Hagrid and Madame Maxine, for heaven's sake! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:52 pm 

and they didn't even pay much attention to them either :(