It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coming to His Senses (Child) - Smallville
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:49 am 
Super Orb

Okay, here’s my pathetic last minute drabble of an idea for posting “outside my comfort zone.” I don’t particularly like Smallville that much, except when it’s crossed with a fandom I do like, so since I’m doing this, it’s most definitely eligible, right? *g*

Author: Duchess67 aka April

Title: Coming to His Senses

Rating: Child

Disclaimer: I own nothing, nada, zip. *wheedling tone* Please don’t sue, I’m just playing around and it’s all in fun. *vbg*

Summary: Like the title says, the boy comes to his senses about who truly cares for him and who doesn’t, then acts accordingly.

Author’s note: This is, I think, a season 1 or possibly season 2 fic. I’m not sure and only see eps of this thing because my patient loves the show and I have to be in the same room. *rolling my eyes* Pardon me please for not paying lots of attention. I’m thinking this comes after the telekinesis/artist boy ep, the one where Chloe decides to try for a relationship with someone else rather than wait on Clark to see what’s right under his nose and it almost gets her murdered by said boyfriend when the lunatic kills people and then sees it as a betrayal when Chloe isn’t okay with that and tries to kill her too. The PUTZ!

~*~

Clark sat in the barn loft, gazing at the stars long into the night, wrestling with himself over the whole Chloe issue, weighing the pros and cons.

Mumbling to himself, “She’s more than proved she can keep someone’s powers a secret and not put them on her wall of weird if she cares about them. And Pete made it abundantly clear that Chloe does indeed care about me, far more than the ‘just friends’ attitude she’s always shown me and Pete wouldn’t lie about that.”

Getting up and pacing back and forth, “Lana is with Whitney and doesn’t seem to care about me as more than a friend, probably never will with my luck and why am I even trying to break them up anyway? Because Lex said I should go for it. I know better than that! If Lana can be stolen away from Whitney she could be stolen away from me too. Do I want someone that fickle in their emotions? Do I dare trust someone who could do that? Would I like myself at all if I managed to succeed?” In his heart he seriously doubts that.

Shaking his head, he stops and looks up at the stars again, wondering once more about the world he came from and the family he must have left behind. Making up his mind, “I’m here now and I’ll make a life for myself among the people I’ve come to love.”

Decision made, he returns to the house for a couple hours of sleep.

The next day he seeks Chloe out and begs for forgiveness, in private and when that didn’t work, publicly.

Getting down on his knees in the hallway at school, “You’ve been one of my very best friends for a long time and I’ve been an idiot for ignoring you. Can you please forgive me and let me have another chance at deserving your heart?” He blocks Chloe’s path to enter the school newspaper classroom, the look on his face one of desperate pleading as he holds up a box of her favorite chocolates and a bouquet of wildflowers.

Chloe Sullivan is shocked and even slightly appalled that Clark is willing to suffer public humiliation in order to secure her forgiveness and a shot at wooing her. Shaking her head in disbelief, “Get UP, Clark!” she blushes bright red.

The boy is stubborn in his refusal, “Not until you tell me you either forgive me and give me a chance or that you hate me and never want to see me again.”

Shoulders sagging in defeat, “Fine, I forgive you! I can’t believe you’re even doing this.”

Jumping up and wrapping his arms around her, flowers, chocolates and all, “Thank you, Chloe. I’ll never let you down as long as I have any say so in the matter. That’s a promise!”

Wanting to laugh at his earnest expression, but unable to because she can tell he’s totally serious. She holds her breath in wonder for a moment before telling him, “Shut up and kiss me, Kent, before I change my mind!”

He willingly complies and everyone in the hallway whistles and hoots in appreciation.

All grown up and living in Metropolis, the two of them sharing a byline, Clark and Chloe Kent live as happily ever after as an all but immortal alien and a human woman are able.

The End

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:09 pm 
Dorkus Maximus and Super Wuss

April,

this was awesome. I'm not big into the Smallville at all, but you did an awesome job with this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:11 am 
Feedbacking Sci Fi King

That was cute, April! I had to really smile at this part:
Quote:
Jumping up and wrapping his arms around her, flowers, chocolates and all, “Thank you, Chloe. I’ll never let you down as long as I have any say so in the matter. That’s a promise!”

Wanting to laugh at his earnest expression, but unable to because she can tell he’s totally serious. She holds her breath in wonder for a moment before telling him, “Shut up and kiss me, Kent, before I change my mind!”

:thumbsup :heart

Hopeless Candy-Coated, Stargazing, Dreamer!
- - - -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:05 am 
Tracie said Pooh Said so!
 WWW  Profile

My first smallville fic :) loved it great job

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:35 am 
I think that if Clark had "come to his senses" in the show Smallville that maybe things would have gotten steamier between he and Chloe. I LOVE how you have him groveling to her in the end. A cute story!!! I liked it a lot! Great job! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:24 am 
Super Orb

You know I know nothing about this show but I love anything you write. In fact inspite of wanting to work on your own fic you helped me with mine. I thank you for that. I did enjoy this but I give no credit to the creators of Smallville for that enjoyment. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:11 pm 
Feedbacking Sci Fi King

It's so great to see this in its own special forum! Woohoo! This was a great fic, April! I know I said it before, but great fics deserve more than one fb per person, I think! :D

Hopeless Candy-Coated, Stargazing, Dreamer!
- - - -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 pm 
Very cute fic! I love the Clark begging on his knees part. Got to love a man who isn't afraid to make a fool out of himself. Great job!