It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Awakening, Teen, Chapter 6 - 27/09/05
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:04 pm 

This is a crossover with BTVS and ATS.

Title : Awakening
Author : Angelzbabe
Rating : Teen
Disclaimer: I only own them in my imagination, and there would be little point suing. You would only get about 2 pence as I am poor.

Summary : When Liz has flashes of things that cannot possibly be true, events lead the Roswell group to LA, a hidden past and an unknown future.

This story is already complete, and I am busy writing it's sequel right now. I plan to post this roughly a chapter a day, before beginning to post the sequel.

Chapter One

Flash. A man with a long black leather duster and a brooding look on his face. His name was Angel, though how she knew this she could not tell you. Flash. A woman, with sleek brown hair. Cordelia Chase, though this name was also a mystery to her. Flash. Skyscrapers. LA skyscrapers. This too was a puzzle, as she was certain she had never been to LA . Flash.

Liz Parker awoke with a start, her mind racing. Who were these people invading her dreams? Why did she instinctively know their names, and why was she sensing that they were close? Too many questions without answers plagued her thoughts for the second night in a row. She was worried now, and desperately needed to talk to her boyfriend, Max Evans. She knew she was being irrational, that these people must be figments of her imagination, yet somehow they felt real. She glanced at her bedside clock. 7:30 am. She was running late, so she decided to wait until she got to school to talk to him. For now, she needed to get dressed. Liz climbed out of bed and walked towards the bathroom.

Maria Deluca walked into Roswell High with a smile on her face. Things were looking up, though after the last few months this wasn’t hard. When her boyfriend, Michael Guerin, had killed Pierce, he’d re-built that tough stone wall she had spent so long breaking through. Then they had discovered that Max, Isabel, Michael and Tess had a destiny. The once strong group had been split down the middle. Those with a destiny and those without. However, eventually the aliens had decided that their destiny was in their own hands, and Max and Isabel had began re-building their relationships with Maria’s two best friends, Liz Parker and Alex Whitman. Michael had simply remained behind his stubborn stone wall, but with Maria’s gentle perseverance it had finally crumbled to dust a few days ago. Hence the smile. The group now also included a new member, Kyle Valenti, who had been caught in the crossfire of the fight with Pierce, and healed by Max. Maria walked down the corridor and stopped beside her locker, where she had promised to meet the rest of the ‘I know and alien club’ that morning. She looked up as Isabel Evans and Alex Whitman strolled towards her, oblivious to the stares they were receiving. Something told her that today was gonna become very weird very quickly.

Max Evans parked his Jeep and rushed into School. Something was telling him that Liz desperately wanted to talk to him, that she was worried. His eyes searched the halls, looking for a familiar face. Suddenly, she was there. Her long brown hair shone around her glowing cheeks and deep, intoxicating eyes. Liz. The love of his life. He walked towards her.

“Hey” She quietly declared.

“Hey yourself”

“There’s something I wanna talk to you about. I know this is gonna sound strange, but I had a dream last night. A weird dream, and there is something telling me that it’s more than that, though why I do not know.” Max listened as Liz began to tell him about her mysterious dream, realising too that this was important.

Walking hand in hand down the hall, Max and Liz approached the rest of their close nit group. Michael stood leaning against Maria’s locker, listening intently to the conversation between Maria, Isabel and Alex. The only people missing were Kyle and Tess.

“Hi guys” Max called as they drew closer. “Anything interesting happening?”

“Yeah, Michael and Maria have broken their record. They haven’t fought for three whole days!” Alex quipped.

“Funny, Whitman. Real funny.” Michael replied dryly.

“And your wrong anyway Alex. It’s four.” Maria retorted.

“What’s four?” Tess inquired as she and Kyle walked up.

“Never mind” Max answered. “We have something more important to discuss.”

“Really? What could that be?” Isabel asked.

“Mysterious dreams that Liz has been having. Flashes of places that she has never been. Memories of people she has never met. Something is up, and I don’t like it.” Max became serious.

“Their like visions of someone’s life” Liz continued explaining. “ And they feel too real to be simply dreams. They feel supernatural, like the flashes I get from Max.”

“So what do you wanna do bout it, chica?” Maria gently prompted.

“I don’t know. Something tells me to go to LA, since I keep having images of places there. But I want to know what you lot think.”

“I think we should follow your instincts” Kyle decided.

“I agree. If there is something in LA relating to the whole ‘Czechoslovakian’ situation, then we need to go to LA” Michael sounded sure. “Hey, even if there isn’t something there, a trip sounds nice.”

“So…..when do you wanna go?” Tess queried.

TBC......

Last edited by Angelzbabe on Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Chapter Two
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:11 pm 

Sorry for the update delay, but my Word has stopped working. Took me a while to realise I could just copy it across from the Eraser Room....duh!!

Chapter Two

Angel stepped out of the elevator and walked towards his office. Around him, the lawyers and staff of Wolfram and Hart carried out their daily routine. Although their was no real routine at Wolfram and Hart. Every day there was something different happening, some major or minor disaster to avert. Today would be no different, he simply wondered what the disaster was going to be today. He strolled into his office and sat behind his desk. Pressing the reception button on his phone, he ordered his usual cup of blood and began his working day. No sooner was he settled than Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, the head of the Mystics Department and an original member of Angel Investigations, walked into Angel’s room.

“Morning Angel” Wesley cheerfully declared. Wesley had been in an almost constant state of cheer all week, ever since he and Winifred ‘Fred’ Burkle, head of the Science Department and another original member of the team, had began dating. Although Angel was glad to see his friends happy, Wesley’s constant cheer was beginning to become irritating.

“Morning Wesley.” Angel replied. “What’s up” Before Wesley had a chance to inform him of what was happening Harmony, Angel’s secretary, walked in carrying his mug of pig’s blood, closely followed by Fred and Charles Gunn. Gunn, another member of Angel Investigations, was now a top class lawyer. Harmony passed the mug of blood to Angel and left the room.

“Hey Fred, Gunn” he uttered, before taking a sip of his blood. His door swung open as Krevlornswath of the Deathwok Clan, otherwise known as Lorne, strolled in making his usual grand entrance.

“Morning babycakes” Lorne snappily commented.

“So, now that we are all here…” Angel started, then realised that this was not strictly true. There was one member of the team absent. The self – invited member who Angel would rather forget. Spike. Angel’s grandson through the vampire line, William the Bloody. The most recent member of the team, Spike had arrived in LA as a ghost-like spirit. How exactly he had ended up trapped in a mystical amulet was a long story but, after Spike received a mystical package in the mail, he had re-corporialised into his usual cocky and annoying self. Now he was a part of the gang, though he had a bad tendency of rebelling.

“Well, now that most of us are here,” Angel corrected himself, “Is their anything going on I need to know about?”

“Nothing on the Science front” Fred told him, as she leaned against the armchair Wesley was sitting in.

“There is one small thing I think you should know” Wesley began. “Nothing serious, just a mystical disturbance in Roswell, New Mexico.”

“Roswell? Why are we keeping track of Roswell? Doesn’t that area have more to do with aliens than demons?” Fred innocently inquired.

“That’s exactly why we are keeping track of it. Wolfram and Hart extends beyond this dimension, so why not also to other planets in this dimension.” Gunn informed her. “ There is an entire section of demonic law dedicated to contact with extra-terrestrial beings. Protocol of different races, and such like.”

“So, what has happened exactly to attract our attention?” Angel queried.

“Nothing much. Just a small mystical disturbance, a magical ripple in reality. They occur occasionally around areas related to the supernatural, such as the hellmouth. This is not the first to occur in Roswell, but it is the first in a long while. Something may be happening, but then again it maybe nothing. I’ll keep an eye on it.” Wesley announced.

“Good. Anything else?” Angel inquired. As soon as the words left his mouth, his door swung open as a familiar head of bleached-blond hair and black leather jacket swept into the room.

“So, what’s happening around here?” Spike brazenly enquired.

“You would know if you had been here on time” Angel sharply scolded. Spike simply ignored this comment and glanced around the group.

“Nothing much. Just some mystical ripple in Roswell, that sounds more important than it actually is” Lorne informed him.

“Roswell!” Spike mocked. “Land of the little green man. What’s wrong Angel, running short on staff, since you killed them all? Having to look further afield?” Spike joked. Ignoring Spike, Wesley stood up and addressed Angel.

“I’ll let you know if anything changes” he commented briefly, before leaving the office.

“I’d better get back to the lab”. Fred uttered, following Wesley out the door.

“See you soon angel cakes” Lorne pronounced, as he strolled out grandly behind her.

Soon, Angel was again alone in his office, Spike having taken a break for a smoke and Gunn leaving to answer an important phone call. He sipped is now cold mug of blood and reflected on the information Wesley has given him. Something told him this was going to turn out to be important.

TBC....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:49 pm 
Dorkus Maximus and Super Wuss

Laural...repeat after me. Tracie, I just posted this great new fic and you HAVE to go read it.

I keep missing all the good stuff :) This is excellent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:41 pm 

Tracie, I posted this great new fic and you HAVE to go read it...
though technically the story's not new. It's one I completed ages ago and am now working on the sequel to........

To make up for the long gap I took in posting this due to my computer crash I'm posting two chapters at once. Enjoy.

Chapter Three: Arrival

If a stranger was to look at the group of eight teenagers standing on the street corner on the outskirts of LA, they wouldn’t give them a second glance, thinking them just another group of teens hanging around the streets with nothing to do. They would be wrong.

Alex, Liz, Maria, Max, Michael, Isabel, Kyle and Tess were more than that. Not only were only half of them fully human, the other half being alien/human hybrids, but they did have something to do. They were on a mission. To find out what exactly was giving Liz visions. But first, they needed to find somewhere to stay. They had managed to get to LA fairly easily, concocting a story about a science trip for their parents, with the help of Sheriff Valenti. They had travelled to LA in Max’s Jeep and Maria’s Jetta. It had only taken a day and a half to get there, but they were all tired out and needed to rest. As they had no idea how long they were going to be in LA for, they had decided that getting rooms in a cheap motel was preferable to sleeping in their cars. They were standing outside one such motel, discussing the sleeping arrangements. They had enough money to rent two rooms for four, and were calculating the fairest way to allocate them. Both Max and Liz wanted to stay together, as did Michael and Maria and Alex and Isabel. This left Kyle and Tess together, which neither was that bothered about, as they saw each other as almost brother and sister. The problem arose when trying to split the group into two groups of four. Max and Isabel wanted to stay together, as neither wanted to face sharing with Michael. They both knew from experience that Michael snored, and both wanted a good nights sleep. However, Liz wanted to stay with Maria, as they knew that Kyle’s feet would stench out the room, making it impossible for them to breathe. The argument had been continuing for over fifteen minutes, when Tess finally came up with a solution.

“Why don’t Kyle, Max, Liz and I share one room, and Isabel, Maria, Alex and Michael share the other. Then tomorrow night, Kyle and I will switch with Maria and Michael. This way, we take alternate turns with either Kyle or Michael.”

“Well, everyone except Tess and I” Maria piped up. “ Instead, we get a double dose of our partner’s problem.”

“My snoring is one of my unique charms” Michael joked.

“No, it’s one of your annoying habits” Maria wittily replied. The conflict settled, the group made their way inside the hotel to book their rooms.

The next morning, after everyone had a fairly good nights sleep, despite Kyle and Michael, they all met in the reception area before breakfast. Liz was the only one who had been disturbed in her sleep, by more visions of places and faces. The details were more vivid, and Liz was almost certain now that she knew where to take them. A repetitive vision, of a large skyscraper with a sign outside. Wolfram and Hart, Attorneys at Law. Instinct told her that inside was the key to unlocking her dreams and understanding what was happening. She couldn’t wait to tell the others about it, and did so as soon as they were all together.

“I’m sure that’s where we need to go today. So after breakfast, I suggest we head into town and go visit some lawyers.”

“Lawyers? Are you sure this is a good idea?” Kyle asked nervously. “What even makes you think they’ll allow us in?”

“I don’t know, I just get the feeling that there is more to Wolfram and Hart than meets the eye”

“Of course there is Liz.” Alex began. “ They are Lawyers. There is always more to them than meets the eye.”

“Well, I’m with Liz on this one.” Maria declared. “If the last year or so has taught me anything, it’s to follow your instinct and trust your friends. So that’s exactly what I am going to do.” After this declaration, the group admitted that Maria was right, and planned to go into the city centre, and the Wolfram and Hart offices, after breakfast. For now, the first thing on the agenda was food. The group made it’s way into the small dining area and sat down for breakfast.

There it was. The massive skyscraper loomed above them, and the sign she stood in front of verified that this was indeed what they were looking for. Liz was in shock. It looked exactly as her vision had shown it to be, down to the last brick in the wall, yet she knew for certain she had never been there before. So why was she having flashes of it in her dreams? How where the people in her dreams related to this building? She knew that inside, the answers to these questions awaited them. She simply wasn’t entirely sure she wanted to know. Would she like the answers to these daunting questions? Was it perhaps safer not to know? There was no turning back now, she told herself, not after she had come this far. The gentle squeeze Max gave the hand he was holding reminded her that she wasn’t alone. All of her friends were here to support her, no matter what the outcome. She clasped her hand tightly to Max’s as she made her way towards the front door of Wolfram and Hart. Something told her this was going to turn out to be important.

Chapter Four : The Meeting

Liz pushed open the door to Wolfram and Hart, and gingerly stepped into the reception area. Max followed her as she instinctively made her way towards the elevator. The rest of the group hung back slightly, unsure of exactly what to do. However, as soon as they saw Max and Liz enter the elevator, they rushed in behind them, unwilling to allow them out of their watchful protection. Together, the eight teenagers made their way up to the Wolfram and Hart head offices.

Harmony sat at her desk shuffling paper and watching people and demons alike mill around her. Suddenly, the phone on her desk began to ring. She picked it up warily, the memories of what had happened when Spike re-corporialised all too clear. The Intense shrieking down the phone, all part of Lyndsey’s plan to convince Angel that the presence of Spike was tearing a hole in the balance of reality, upsetting the Shanshu prophesy. She was glad that he was now being punished by the Senior Partners, he deserved everything he got for temporarily ruining her hearing and driving her insane.

“Hello, Angel’s Office” She squeaked.

“Harmony.” She was relieved to hear the dulcet tones of Wesley. “I need to speak with Angel urgently.”

“I’ll put you straight through” She pressed the ‘1’ button on her phone and linked Wesley through to Angel.

“Angel. The mystical sensors at the door have just picked up some sort of unknown life-forms entering the building.” Wesley informed him immediately, getting straight to business. “They’re not human, but they don’t appear to be any sort of known demon either. They are headed up to your offices. Be on your guard, I’m on my way.” Angel placed down the phone and drew a sword from the wall behind him. It may not be needed, but it was best to be prepared. As he walked out of his office, he bumped into Spike just as he was about to enter. Startled by the weaponry Angel was holding, Spike vamped out.

“Bloomin hell Angel. What are you carrying that about for?” He complained as he shook his head to return to his human façade.

“There is some sort of unknown beings in the building, they’re on their way up here right at this moment” Angel explained, as the elevator doors opened and Michael and Isabel stepped out, followed by Max and Liz, Maria and Alex, then finally Kyle and Tess.

“So..where now?” Isabel asked Liz, whose eyes were darting around the large room. Suddenly, her eyes settled on Angel, who was still deep in conversation with Spike and had yet to notice them. Liz let out a shriek as she fainted to the floor, unable to comprehend what this meant. Her shriek attracted the attention of Angel, who immediately ran towards the group, the sword in his hand forgotten Unfortunately, Michael noticed the weapon, and immediately reacted to the perceived danger. Without a second thought, he used his powers to blast the weapon from Angel’s hand.

Angel stood there, shocked. What had just happened? How had that seemingly normal boy managed to disarm him so easily? Was this the un-known life form that Wesley had been talking about? His vampire senses went on alert. There was definitely something different about these teenagers. The smell that they emitted was different than anything he had smelt before. There was only one way to find out what they were. Ask.

“What are you?”

Flash. That man again, except this time she could sense something was different about him. Flash. Suddenly, he grew pointed teeth and his forehead was ridged. Flash. Cordelia again. This time heavily pregnant. Somehow, Liz realised, with her. Flash. A boy, not much younger than she was. Connor? Flash. Angel again, with a baby in his arms. Flash.

Liz began to return to reality, her vision hazy and memory confused. How could what her flashes were telling her be true? Could she really be the daughter of a woman called Cordelia and a teenage boy Connor? Whose father was definitely not human? It was all too complicated and scary to comprehend, and she knew she had to talk to Angel. She slowly began to sit up, Max’s arms supporting her.

“Are you ok?” He asked gently, the worry showing in his voice.

“I will be. But I need to talk to him. Now.” She whispered.

“Talk to who?”

“Angel.” At the sound of his name, Angel turned to face the young girl lying on the floor.

“You know who I am?” He questioned.

“Only what the flashes have told me” She admitted weakly.

“Who are you?” He asked, curious as to the identity of the eight people now standing in front of him.

“That’s what I was hoping you could tell me.” Liz replied.

TBC....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:21 pm 
 YIM  Profile

wow!! this is awesome!! i can't wait to read more soon??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:53 pm 
Dorkus Maximus and Super Wuss

Angel's vampire sense...just like Peter Parker's Spidey Sense :lol sorry, that just struck me as humorous for some reason :lol :lol :lol

Great update sweetie...more please when time allows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:05 pm 
Feedbacking Sci Fi King

Very intriguing! So Liz may have a past she is unaware of... from Cordelia and Connor! And I can just see Angel's confusion here:
Quote:
Michael noticed the weapon, and immediately reacted to the perceived danger. Without a second thought, he used his powers to blast the weapon from Angel’s hand.

Angel stood there, shocked. What had just happened? How had that seemingly normal boy managed to disarm him so easily? Was this the un-known life form that Wesley had been talking about? His vampire senses went on alert. There was definitely something different about these teenagers. The smell that they emitted was different than anything he had smelt before. There was only one way to find out what they were. Ask.

“What are you?”

He took it calmly, though, didn't he! Great start! :thumbsup

Hopeless Candy-Coated, Stargazing, Dreamer!
- - - -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:06 pm 
Phantom Admin - It's all about me

Sorry to interrupt the conversation but just wanted to shout out a quick :welcome to Anya!

Hope we keep seeing you around! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:03 pm 
Feedbacking Sci Fi King

Yes, Anya! We'd love to see more of you around here! :D :cheers
We love adding to the family... and seeing more of family that hasn't been here for awhile. :grouphug

Hopeless Candy-Coated, Stargazing, Dreamer!
- - - -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:12 pm 

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!!!

Tracie: I love using 'Vampy' sense. It's great as an explanation and also inserts some comedy.

Chapter 5

Inside Angel’s office, Liz sat uncomfortably on the sofa with Max’s arm around her in comfort. Around her, stood the rest of her friends, and on the other sofa sat Angel with three men who had been introduced as Wesley, Spike and Gunn and a young girl called Fred was perched on the sofa arm. Liz finished telling them everything that had happened to her in the last few days. The visions of them and what she knew. Shocked, Angel tried to comprehend everything that she was telling him.

“So let me get this straight. You have been getting visions of me, of these offices, of Cordelia?”

“Yes. And with them comes information, that I have no way of knowing. That makes no sense. I mean, I’ve never even met you before, yet these visions are telling me everything about you. And why when I see Cordelia pregnant do I think that it’s with me? How is that even possible? My parents are Jeff and Nancy Parker, not Cordelia Chase and some teenage boy called Conner. Why did I know to come to you, that you would be able to help me find out who I really am?”

“I don’t know, but I promise you I’m going to find out.”

“Thank you” Liz felt like a huge burden had been lifted off her shoulders when Angel agreed to help. As the words came out of her mouth, she looked towards the office door as it opened and a green faced man in a blue suit walked in. She would have screamed, but something told her that this man was an ally, that he might help. Unfortunately, Maria did not know this. She screamed and jumped to hide behind Michael.

“It’s ok Maria.” Liz soothed. “ He won’t hurt you, he’s here to help.” Lorne looked over at the group of teens in surprise. What were they doing in Angel’s office, and why did the brown haired girl think he was going to be able to help?

“Angel. You called to say you wanted to see me? Do we have a new case?”

“Yes. Lorne meet Liz Parker.”

“And why would a sweet young thing such as yourself be hanging around in this dump?” Lorne inquired.

“She’s been having visions of Angel in her sleep. And they are giving her information about Angel that she has no way of knowing. They also seem to be more like memories, and they are telling her that she is infact the daughter of Cordelia. She has visions of Cordelia pregnant, I think it was when she was pregnant with Jasmine. But that doesn’t explain why Liz would be having them and why she thinks that she is the child. She is completely lost as to her real identity, and that’s where you might come in.” Fred stopped rambling to take a breath, and them guiltily looked over at Wesley. “And I was rambling wasn’t I? Sorry bout that.”

“So you want to find out who you really are cupcakes?” Lorne asked Liz. “ Then all you have to do is sing, and I’ll see what I can do.”

“Sing? How can singing tell you who she really is?” Alex inquired, finally finding his voice. He had been shocked when Lorne had walked through the door, and had decided that silence was probably the best way to avoid trouble. But now he was more worried for Liz’s safety than keeping out of trouble. He also figured that if he did get into any trouble, they would find a way back out of it, just as they always did. He had faced so much with his friends recently that he was surprised that he was even fazed by Lorne’s appearance.

Maria meanwhile, was slowly edging back out from behind Michael. This Lorne guy didn’t seem too bad. And the mention of singing had intrigued her. What was going on? Why did Liz need to sing? She was confused, but decided to just go with the flow. If they got into trouble they would find there way back out, just as they always did.

“When someone sings, my powers allow me to read their minds. I can see their soul, their intentions, everything. Past, present, and immediate future.” Lorne explained.

“So all I have to do is sing?”

“Got it in one sugar.”

“There’s no side affects to it? No hidden catch your not telling us about?” Max asked. He was going to insure that this was safe first, there was no way he was letting Liz do anything dangerous.

“Only when Angel sings. Then you get the side affect of damaged hearing caused by bad singing” Spike joked.

“Ok then. I’ll sing.” Liz decided.

Chapter Six

“Are you sure that that’s a good idea? I mean, if he can see your past, won’t that tell him about us too? Can we risk revealing who we are to this group of strangers?” Michael asked Liz quietly.

“Good point. If nothing else, we all know how important keeping your secret a secret can be.” Kyle added

“Don’t worry. Something tells me that they already know you’re not exactly normal, and I’m definitely sure that they’re not normal either. We can trust them.”

“And if we can’t then we will deal with it later, just like we deal with everything life throws at us.” Tess assured them.

“Ok. I may not know them, but I know you. After everything we’ve been through together, I trust your judgement.”

Turning away from the rest of the group, Liz turned to face Lorne again. “So is their anything particular you want me to sing, or do I just choose something?”

“It doesn’t matter, sing whatever takes your fancy.”

Slowly, Liz opened her mouth and began to sing.

“I didn’t hear you leave, I wonder why am I still here.
And I don’t wanna move a thing. It might change my memory.
Oh I am what I am. I’ll do what I want. But I, can’t hide.
And I won’t go, I won’t sleep.
I can’t breathe, until your resting here with me.
And I won’t leave, I can’t hide.
I cannot be, until your resting here with me.”

“Ok. That was definitely weird. And also full of memories that I really didn’t want to see.” Lorne said, looking knowingly between Max and Liz.

“Weird? Why what was wrong?” Gunn asked curiously.

“Well as far as her life goes, nothing. Everything about her life growing up in Roswell was there for me to see. Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.” He added looking around the group at Tess, Michael, Isabel and Max. “But at the same time, there was something blocking her memories, stopping me seeing something. That’s never been something that’s happened before. I can usually see everything about a person, even the things they don’t remember. It’s like there is a magical barrier I can’t pass.”

“So something has tampered with my memories?” Liz questioned.

“Looks like it pet” Spike stated softly. At the confirmation, Liz turned questioningly to Tess. Though nothing was asked, she understood immediately what Liz was thinking.

“Not me Liz. I’ve played with many people’s minds, but never with yours. Why would I? I trust you.” Hearing Tess admit this made Liz realise how stupid the thought had been. They may not have always gotten along, but they were growing closer all the time. There was no reason to think that Tess would tamper with her memories.

“Sorry. I new it was unlikely, but I couldn’t help wondering. We haven’t always been the best of friends.”

“So who caused it then? And what did they want to block anyway??” Isabel added.

“That’s what we intend to find out.” Wesley informed them. “And to do that, I suspect that were going to have to break through the barrier.”

“How are you going to do that?” Maria inquired, her interest in the group of people around her growing. Just who were they? It was obvious that they weren’t normal people, but what exactly were they then? Lorne seemed to be a demon of some sorts, but the others all looked human. And what was with the weird names? Fred and Wesley she could handle, but the others all sounded strange. Mind you, strange had become part of her everyday life since she found out about the Czechoslovakians. She could handle this new part of her life, so she could handle this too. However, that didn’t stop the worry about what was happening to her best friend.

“Well since it was formed magically, the only way to break down the barrier is to use stronger magic in return. The power of the new magic should be able to break the hold of the magic barrier and allow Liz access to her own memories.” Fred explained.

“Just one problem there, that barrier is really strong. It’s gonna take some powerful magic to break through it.” Lorne informed everyone.

“Then we call in the big guns.” Spike decided.

“You mean?” Angel questioned, speaking for the first time in a while. Spike simply nodded his head. “Makes sense to me.” Angel replied. The silent conversation intrigued the Roswell group. Just who or what were they talking about? What magical power did they refer to as ‘the big guns’? The next sentence puzzled them even more, as Gunn broke the silence.

“But how do we contact her? Does anyone know where she went after Sunnydale collapsed?”

“Last I heard, she was in Brazil somewhere. My guess is that Rupert would know though.” Spike smirked. “Though getting him to listen might be a problem. Don’t the entire gang now distrust us all?”

“No. They distrust me. I’m the one running Wolfram and Hart. They think that it’s corrupted me. They’re not gonna trust anyone working for it either. I guess that just leaves you Spike. Let’s just hope he listens to you.”

“Looks like it’s time to tell them I’m alive again ain’t it?”

TBC........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:24 pm 

Ok so life has been crazy, but thats no excuse for not updating sooner. So to apologise I'm giving you two chapters at once. Enjoy!

Chapter Seven

“Dawn! Be careful you don’t spend too much time outside. You don’t want to get burnt do you?” Buffy Summers warned her little sister.

“ Don’t worry Buff. I was just coming inside anyway” Dawn replied, as she climbed out of the hammock and walked towards her. “I’m not about to miss one of Kennedy’s fabulous meals!”

“Yeah. Who’d of known the feisty and self-confident Kennedy would be a domestic marvel!”

“Hey. I can hear you talking about me you know!” Kennedy shouted out from the kitchen.

“Something tells me they knew that.” Willow added, as she entered the kitchen from the hall. “They’re just acting like you can’t hear them as a way of complimenting you without having to actually do it.”

“Busted.” Dawn replied, strolling in behind her. “We already feel like we’ve spent this entire week saying how thankful we are for you two inviting us to have a holiday with you here in Brazil.”

“It’s no trouble. We are glad for the company I mean…….” Willows reply was cut off by the shrill ringing of the telephone. “Be right back.” She added, as she walked into the hall and picked up the phone. “Willow and Kennedy’s. Hello?”

“Willow. It’s me.” The tone of the three words made Willow’s spine straighten immediately.

“Giles. What’s wrong?”

“I just got a very weird phone call, and well theirs no easy way to explain this, but your needed in L.A.”

“L.A.? Does this have something to do with Angel?”

“Well…Yes, I suppose, but not really. I mean, he’s involved but he’s not the reason you’re needed.”

“Oh. I thought you said we couldn’t trust him anymore. That the Law firm he’s running will have corrupted him. What makes you think we can trust that he needs our help?”

“Nothing. Strangely enough, it’s not his word that I’m trusting. It’s someone else’s. Someone who I never thought I would say this about.”

“Really?? Who?” Willow asked, growing more and more intrigued.

“This is going to sound crazy. But Willow, it wasn’t Angel who called me. It was Spike.”

“What? Sorry could you repeat that for me Giles, because I can’t have heard you correctly. I thought you just said that Spike called. And that’s not possible, coz he’s dead.” At the mention of Spike, Dawn, Buffy and Kennedy all turned to look at Willow. What was going on?

“You heard correctly Willow. It seems that about a month after the battle, Angel received a package containing the amulet. When he opened it, Spike’s ghost escaped. He seems to have become tied to the amulet in some way. It wasn’t until about a month ago that he became corporeal again, after receiving a mysterious package in the mail. From what he told me when he called, he’s been helping out Angel and co. ever since.”

“So he’s alive!”

“Yes, Well No, not exactly. He’s back to the same state as he was, an ensouled vampire.”

“I can’t believe that Andrew didn’t tell us about this!”

“I talked to him about that. Apparently Spike told him he wanted to tell us all in his own time. But we are getting away from the point of this call. The point is, that something has come up that they feel they need your help with. I don’t quite understand it all, but it was something about a magical barrier in someone’s mind that they need you to break. Spike told me he’d explain it to you in more detail when you get there. The point is, your needed.”

“Well if they need me then I’ll go, but it’s going to take some time to get there.”

“Not a problem. Spike told me that if you agreed, Wolfram and Heart would send over their jet to pick you two up.”

“Two?”

“You and Kennedy.”

“Wait. Buffy and Dawn are here. I’m gonna have to tell them what’s going on, and knowing them their gonna want to come too. Even if it is just to shout at Spike.”

“Then by all means take them with you. I’m quite sure that no one will object to it. Now I had better go call Spike and tell him to send the jet to you in Brazil.”

“Ok. But don’t tell him about Buffy and Dawn. They may not want to come, but if they do then Buffy won’t want Spike to be prepared for her arrival. He might just be able to avoid her if he knows she’s there.”

“Ok. I will talk to you soon. Goodbye for now.”

“Bye Giles.” Almost in a surreal daze, Willow replaced the phone on the cradle and walked into the kitchen to face three enquiring faces.

“Whats wrong Willow. And what was that about Spike?” Buffy asked nervously. Willow looked over at her best friend pityingly. She knew how much Spike’s death had had an effect on her. She had only just realised how much she loved him when he had burned to death in the battle against the First evil. She was still mourning him, and she was unsure what effect finding out he was alive was going to have on her emotions.

“I’m not quite sure how to explain it all, so I’m just going to say it. I’m needed in L.A. A plane will be here soon to pick both Kennedy and I up. Buffy, Spike’s there. I know this is weird, but he’s back.”

“Back? How?” Dawn inquired, excitedly.

“It’s a long story, that I’m not quite sure I understand. And I think that you deserve to hear it from him.”

“Willow, just how big is this plane going to be?” Buffy asked, quietly.

“I don’t know, probably fairly big, since it belongs to Wolfram and Hart.”

“Good, Because it needs to be able to carry all of us. Dawn and I are coming with you.”

“So I guess we’re all going to L.A. then, huh? Kennedy stated, sombrely.

Chapter Eight

A/N: Although this is not technically true to Angel – in my version everyone got to remember who Connor was – makes things so much easier.

Spike replaced the receiver of the phone in Angel’s office and turned to face everyone who was sitting on the sofas. The look on his face told the Angel crew all that they needed to know. Willow and Kennedy were on their way. The next words out of his mouth were simply verification. “Send the jet, Red’s on her way.” At this, he sank slowly into Angel’s chair, much to Angel’s obvious annoyance. “But while we’re waiting, can someone explain something to me? Vision girl said she was the child of Cordy and Connor. Now Cordy I remember from good old Sunnyhell but who’s Connor?”

Silence filled the room, as everyone turned to look at Angel. As soon as the girl had mentioned him Angel knew Spike would need to be told, but he’d hoped he could delay it for as long as possible. “Connor is my son. Mine and Darla’s.” The admission had no affect on those from Roswell, as they had no idea how significant this was. Spike however, was shocked.

“What????? How???? When???” He asked, angry that no one had told him about this before. “Isn’t Darla dust? And what about the whole ‘no children’ guarantee that comes with being a vampire?”

“About 3 years ago, Wolfram and Hart resurrected Darla as a human, then used Dru to turn her back into the vampire she was before. Needless to say, having a human version of my sire running about town sent me off into the deep end.” The looks Angel passed to his team told Spike that this was an understatement. “I’m sure I don’t need to bother you with the story of the birds and the bees, but some miracle got her pregnant. However, in childbirth she realised that her lifeless body was killing the child. She staked herself, and left me with a son. Connor.”

“Wait, if he’s only two years old then how did he end up as a teenager already?” Alex asked.

“That’s a long story involving a parallel universe and an enemy of mine called Holst.” Angel replied. The answer seemed to satisfy everyone’s curiosity, as they realised that this was something Angel didn’t want to talk about. Well, everyone other than Spike.

“So if you’ve got a son, where the hell is he?” This, Angel seemed unable to answer, so Wesley took over instead.

“Connor was unstable, a loose canon. He craved normality, so that’s what we gave him. Part of the deal of taking over Wolfram and Hart was that Connor was to receive a new background, a new family. He was to become a normal kid, and have no memories of any of us. We however, would remember him.”

“So he got a version of what those monks did to Lil’ Bit? Well that makes sense I suppose.” Spike replied.

“Lil’ Bit?” Wesley questioned. “And who might that be?”

“Dawn. She’s a little bit of Buffy, you get me?”

“As fascinating as all this information about people we don’t know is, what does this have to do with Liz?” Maria demanded.

“Well if she’s getting visions, and seeing herself as a child of Cordy and Connor, then she may have something to do with Jasmine.” Fred informed them.

“ Before you ask, Jasmine was a demon who used Cordelia as a host to be born in after she and Connor slept together. She was able to control people’s minds, and part of the reason Connor was so instable.” Gunn added.

“We killed her, but what happened with Cordelia sent her into a coma. She never recovered.” Wesley solemnly informed them.

“Now Cordelia was our link to the Powers that Be, who control what happens on earth.” Fred began after a long silence. “ They gave her visions, which is probably what you are receiving now. You may be our next link to the Powers,” she theorised. “However, it may be something different altogether, and that’s why we need to find out what’s behind that magical mental barrier that’s been constructed in your memories.”

“To do that, we called in the most powerful Wicca alive, if not the most powerful ever. Her name is Willow, and she’s an old ally. You have no need to be scared of her, just let her know what she needs to.” Spike concluded. “ And don’t get on her bad side. Your friends may not be normal, but I’d bet their nowhere near packing the same stones as Red.” The end of his sentence was punctuated with the ringing of the telephone. Angel grabbed it before Spike could, then replaced it soon after.

“Speaking of her, the jet’s about to arrive. She’s here.”

“Time to go face the music. Or more precisely, the magic.” Spike joked, as he stood to follow Angel to the landing bay. “ I get the feeling I’m gonna get hollered at for not phoning earlier.”

TBC...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:10 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  YIM  Profile

This is one exelent fic. Can't wait for more and keep writing!

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:00 am 
Super Orb

This is a very interesting fic. Liz as Angel's granddaughter? A very unique premise I haven't come across before and I think it's definitely worth pursuing. *two thumbs up for the whole idea* I liked what Liz chose to sing for Lorne too. *vbg*

How will Conner take this knowledge when he finally gets his memory back, or will he in this story? *curious*

How will Cordelia handle this whole thing when she does her brief comeback? Or will she do that in this fic?

I'd have expected more chatter from the rest of the Roswell group at Lorne's appearance and then the talk of vampires, but I guess with a cast this big you can't let 'em all talk at once. Perhaps you should send some of them on a tour or something? That way it would make sense for them to not be adding in their two cents worth. Just a suggestion.

Magical jet? How does it get from where Willow was to LA in less than half an hour. Wouldn't it have taken the four women at least that long to pack their bags and go, forgetting about their meal entirely? *curious*

How often do you update? I'd really like to read more when you post it. :)