All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Mirror of Truth: Buffy and Indiana Jones X/O: Teen
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:58 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  YIM  Profile

The Mirror of Truth
DawnDreamer
Email: smith.dreamerz.thea@gmail.com
Disclaimer: I sadly don’t own the shows. The lucky ones who do are Joss Whedon; Mutant Enemy productions, George Lucas and MGM. I’m only borrowing them for a short time. The imagination is all mine.
Summary: Indiana Jones, Buffy and the SG team found evidence of a Celtic Relic. The relic shows an astonishing connection between them. At Stargate command they found out about Dawn being the Key
Category: Crossover
Rating: F13
A/N: I would like to thank my beta mmooch for the help in the developing of the plotline also callhervera for her help on this fic
~*~
Ancient Britain
As the Druids fled from the Roman Legion, one of the high priests decided that the only way to prevent their total inhalation was to hide the one thing that could save their souls and maybe even show the future generations what their destiny might be. He looked at the ruins around him and said,
“Sun from above, please keep this holy relic safe”
With that he left the relic in its hiding place, hoping that when the time was right it might be found again.
~*~
New York University
Professor Indiana Jones looked on as the last of his students left his class. He never got a chance to page through the book he had found at the British Museum, due to the fact that he had a pile of papers that needed grading before the end of the term. Finally having that chance, he sat at his desk and turned to the first page where he found a small but nearly unnoticeable scribbling. He took his magnifying glass and looked at it again. What he saw nearly gave him a heart attack, on the page was a marking suggesting the resting place for the fabled: Mirror of Truth. For years this relic had eluded him. He stood up and walked out if his classroom towards one of his closest friends, who was also the Dean of the University Marcus Brody.
“Yes, Jones. What is it now?”
“Sir, I found something that I need you to take a look at as soon as possible”
“What?”
“Well, sir. Do you remember all the tales about the Druid’s Mirror of Truth?”
“Yes, I do, but I believe that it was disproved to have existed.”
“I think I just found its location:
“What! Are you sure?”
“AS sure as I am standing here next to you”
“Then what are you waiting for? Go and retrieve that Mirror! It would make a great addition to the museum! But first, finish your grading. The Mirror of Truth isn’t going anywhere.”
“Yes, sir.”
Prof. Indiana Jones was a little annoyed that he had to wait another week before he could go and look for the Mirror, but he knew that if the Mirror was waiting for thousands of years to be found, what was one more week to wait? The week went by faster than he expected and Jones was sitting in his classroom with the last of the papers that needed to be graded. He sighed as he placed a B+ on the last paper in his stack and placed the pen down on his desk. Finished. Gathering his briefcase, he stood up and walked to his car.
A silent moment went by as he drove to his apartment. For a while he didn’t know what he was going to do. His heart told him to stay away from the Mirror, but his head told him that he had to find it. He packed the necessities for the trip, then closed his door, walked to his car and drove to the airport where he booked the first flight to London
~*~
SUNNYDALE
Buffy was the first one to open the Magick Box, having left a grounded Dawn with Spike. She’d told Dawn countless times not to go out and spy on her while she was slaying, but Dawn wouldn’t listen! So now she wasn’t allowed to come to the Magick Box for a week. As she cleaned the back of the store she heard a strange sound coming from one of the crates. Slowly and carefully she walked over to the crate and peered inside. What she found was a strange map. On the map was a note written in an ancient language. She walked back to the front of the store where Giles and the rest of the gang had drifted in during the morning hours. She placed the map next to Giles and asked?”
“Do you have any idea what this might be?”
“Buffy, where did you find this?”
“What do you mean?”
“This wasn’t part of the inventory and I had no idea that we housed any maps in the store.”
“So you’re telling me that this map suddenly appeared in the store for me to find?”
“Let me consult some of the text and see what it might be. In the mean time do you have any idea what you’re going to do with Dawn?”
“No, I just don’t know what to do. She is becoming a little bit more like me and it’s scary.”
“Just be patient with her”
Giles walked over to the library section of the shop and paged through the books he had. All of the sudden he said,
“I think we need to contact the Council and ask them if they might be able to identify the map”
“Those uptight men don’t know how to look for their own brains” Willow said bitterly
“Please Willow, you know how I feel about the insults”
“Sorry Giles, but you know how I feel about them!”
“I know, but keep it to yourself.”
As Giles waited for one of the men to answer the call, he looked at the map. Nothing seemed to make any sense to him. Anya walked over to Giles and said,
“Let me look at the map, maybe I might find something.”
“If it might help. Here it is,” he handed the map to Anya, still waiting for the Council to answer the phone.
Anya took the map from Giles and with a skilled eye she studied it and gasped;
“What’s wrong?” Giles asked
“It is a map to the location of a Celtic Relic.”
“Which one?”
“This is the location of the Druid’s Mirror of Truth.”
“How do you know? What does the note say?”
“My knowledge of the Celtic language is a little rusty, but I believe it says that the Chosen One, a Slayer, needs to use this map to locate the Mirror of Truth.”
Anya looked at the map again and said,
“I never thought I would see this map again.”
“What do you mean?”
“I was in the region when they buried the Mirror. The Druids were afraid the Romans would destroy the mirror like they destroyed everything else they could get their hands on.”
Buffy placed the map back into its place and said,
“I am going to locate that Mirror and bring it to Sunnydale.”
“Are you sure you want to mess with Druid Magic?” Willow asked.
“I am not sure about anything. All I know is that message was meant for me.”
“Let me contact the Watcher’s Council and inform them that you’re on your way.”
“Whatever.”
She walked to the back of the store and leafed through the rest of the junk. No other indications of the Mirror could be found anywhere. It was as if it had never existed, but she knew better. She had the map. What was she going to tell Dawn? She wouldn’t allow Buffy to go to Britain without her.
Giles took the phone and dialed the number provided to him. For a while there was no answer, but suddenly he heard it,
“Yes?”
“Sir, I just want to let you know that the Slayer is coming your way.”
“What…Why?”
“Well, she found a map suggesting the location of a Druid Relic.”
“Which one?”
“Well, it‘s the Mirror of Truth.”
"She’s not to go near that mirror."
"Why?"
"Well, there are some things she doesn't need to know."
"What are you saying? Did you keep something from her?"
"It's none of your concern; just try to keep her there."
"You know for a fact that I can't do that. She has her own mind and she does whatever she wants to do and doesn’t answer to anyone, least of all you lot. This is just a courtesy call.”
"Very well, but you’re to accompany her and try to keep her out of trouble."
"Yes sir."
With that he disconnected the call and walked towards Buffy. She looked at him and said,
“I just don’t know what Dawn will say about this. She doesn’t know everything about who she is.”
"Just go and talk to her. Maybe she will understand.”
"I hope so," With that, she walked out of the shop and stopped by Spike’s crypt.
She knew that with her mother’s death, Dawn had no one to look after her and for some odd reason she had formed a bond with the chipped vampire. She opened the door to the musky crypt and announced her arrival,
“Hello Dawn. Spike.”
“Slayer,” Spike said, turning off the television. ‘Passions’ was on and it was one of his favorite episodes, but the Slayer was in his midst.
“What do you want now?” Dawn asked.,
“It’s time to go.” Dawn collected her stuff and once they walked through the door to their house, Buffy led Dawn into the living room.
“I’ve got something I need to talk to you about,” she said, offering her sister a seat.
Dawn flopped onto the closest chair and sighed, “What did I do now?”
“Nothing, I just wanted to inform you that I’m going on an expedition and I wanted you to stay with Willow and Tara for a time being.”
“What about me being grounded? You know that if Mom was alive she would want you to keep more to your responsibilities.”
”I know, but if you can behave yourself, you might be able to help Willow and Tara in the Magic Box.”
“You won’t be disappointed in me, I promise!” Dawn exclaimed.
~*~
NEW YORK
Indiana stood in the lobby of the airport waiting for his flight. He felt like this trip might put his name in the history books as the archeologist who found the fabled Mirror. It scared him to know that it might reveal to him knowledge he didn't want to know, but what else could he do.?
As he sat by the coffee shop sipping an espresso, he turned to ‘The Legend of the Mirror’. It stated that before the Druids became priests, they were put in front of the Mirror inside the temple where the High Priest could see if they had truth in their hearts or lies. If a lie was found in the initiate's heart, the Mirror shot an energy ball towards him and killed him on the spot.

It also stated that it could reveal a person's true destiny, even if they didn’t know it themselves. Suddenly he heard his flight being called and as he stepped into the airplane, he knew that his life was just about complete. He sat back and closed his eyes. It was going to be a long trip.

~*~
SUNNYDALE
As Buffy stood in the cemetery waiting for new fledglings, she saw Spike eyeing her. With an annoyed expression on her face, she walked up to him.
“Hello Slayer. It’s been a long time. To what do I owe this visit?”
“Well, Spike. For one thing I didn’t come here to visit you. You know the drill. New deaths, new vampires for me to kill. Oh, by the way, I won’t be bothering you for a week.”
“Well, can’t wait for that, but to what pleasure do I owe this holiday?”
With that she told him about her plans to go to Britain.
“Are you sure you want to go?”
“You’re the third person to ask me if I am sure. It’s not that I want to go. It’s that I have to go. That message was sent to me and I need to follow it.”.
Suddenly their conversation was interrupted by a disturbance in one of the graves near the mausoleum. In a blink of an eye, Buffy was ready with the stake and fought the beast exiting out of the grave. As it exploded into dust, she dusted the remains off herself and said,
“I’m gone. See you in a week”
She and Giles drove to the airport and booked their flights to London. While sitting in the departure lounge, she mused over the possibilities of what could be awaiting her. However, these thoughts were interrupted when their flight was called. Once on the plane, she walked towards her assigned seat and sat down.
As the plane ascended to the 1000 feet mark in the air, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.
~*~
SUNNYDALE
Dawn stood in the apartment that Willow and Tara shared, looking at the spellbooks and crystals that littered the room. She secretly wished that Willow was her sister and not the Slayer. It’s not that she didn’t love Buffy! She just wanted a normal childhood with a sister to look up to and not one she had to worry about being killed one day.
Willow and Tara came into the room and looked at the frail girl standing there. They could see that Dawn was trying to be brave, but it wasn’t working. The pain of being left by her mother, and now her sister, could be read all over the girl’s face.
Suddenly their thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door,
“Good afternoon, could you please tell me where I might find a Dawn Summers?”
As she heard her name being called she walked up to the stranger and said,
“That’s me.”
“Well, miss, I have a letter here for you,”, he handed her the letter and left just as abruptly as he came.
Dawn closed the door behind her and looked at the envelope. There was no address or identification on the letter and with shaken hands she opened it. As she read it her face turned pale,
Dawnie,
When you read this letter I am probably on my way to London. I’m sorry for leaving you just when you need me the most. I don’t know when I will return, or if I will return. All that I can say is that this is one of the most dangerous missions I have ever gone on. Please don’t let the others worry about me just as I’m going to try not to worry about the lot of you.
Your Caring Sister, Buffy
She looked up from the letter and showed it to the two and said,
“I hate her for leaving me. I bet she’s going to die just like mom did!”
“Don’t say that Dawn. You know how she is. She’s a fighter and will never quit!”
Tara and Willow walked up to the fragile girl and wrapped their hands around her, trying to console her.
~*~
LONDON
Buffy walked out into the lobby of the airport, followed closely by Giles. Her heart was beating with anticipation. What would she find when she located the Mirror? For some reason she could feel that it would be life changing. Would her life still be connected with the slaying of vampires or would it reveal a new destiny for her?
As she tried to picture her life without her friends present, she heard a voice speak behind her,
“Buffy Summers?”
She turned around and noticed a man about forty years old with a pipe in his hand,
“Don’t tell me…you’re part of the tweed brigade?”
“If you’re referring to the Watcher’s Council then you are right. We are here to keep an eye on you.”
“You don’t need to do that. I know what I’m doing here,” she said rolling her eyes.
“Let us at least give you two a ride to your hotel.”
They both agreed as they walked out of the lobby and climbed into one of the flashy cars outside.
A few steps away, Indiana Jones was also exiting the lobby. He had a reservation at one of the five star hotels in the London district. Unbeknownst to him, his discovery of the Mirror was going to alter his universe as he knew it. He would find a link to a past he had forgotten about. Perhaps it would be a positive effect on him? But who knew.
Buffy looked at the man that was accompanying them to the hotel. She knew for a fact that if the Watcher’s Council was involved in this, it must be important for them.
Suddenly the man interrupted her thoughts,
“Here we are.”
She looked up and saw the grand hotel and climbed out.
She grudgingly thanked him, then without turning back, grabbed her bags and entered the lobby, with Giles following behind.
She walked up to the receptionist and gave her name to the girl. As she waited for their room keys, she thought about the mission. The Mirror of Truth! What Truths could it reveal to her? Maybe it would tell her how to control her powers? Or if she was meant to being doing this at all!
“Here you go, Miss.”
“Thank you.” she took the keys, gave Giles his and then left for her room.
Indiana was also in the same hotel as Buffy and Giles. Even though they had never met, their paths would soon cross and their destinies become intertwined.
Buffy closed her door and began to unpack her knapsack. The last article she took out of her bag was a photograph taken a few days ago of Dawn, and the other Slayerrettes. She placed it on her bedroom cupboard and went to the shower where she took a long and relaxing shower.
A few doors away, Indiana too was busy unpacking his suitcase. He was still weary from the flight, but knew that he had to work on the location of the Mirror. For about twenty-two years it had eluded him and now it was time to find it. He had left his wife and baby girl somewhere in America and he had heard that soon after he left, she was remarried. It seemed that they would never again know him.
~*~
SUNNYDALE
It was midnight and the Slayerrettes were busy with their usual killing, but without Buffy there, they were having trouble. They decided to ask Spike to help them in this time of need and even though he didn’t want to, he did it anyway. He had promised Buffy that he would keep an eye on the group while she was looking for this unknown relic.
As they slew their last vampire for the night, they decided to go to the Magic Box where they could try and decipher some of the text they found a few weeks back. Dawn knew that she had promised not to cause trouble for the Slayerrettes, but she also knew that she had to be careful. Even though they hadn’t heard anything of Glory in a long time, she still knew that her life was in danger.
Tara and Willow looked at Dawn while she sat in the living room. They could see that Dawn was having trouble with being left alone at this crucial time. They walked towards her and said,
“Hey Dawnie, how would you like to come and help us out at the Magic Box?”
They could see how her eyes lit up. It was as if a new hope came into her soul,
“I would love to, but what about the promise I made to Buffy about staying out of trouble?”
“What trouble can you cause?” Willow said.
“OooKay, if you say so. I would love to come and help you,” she said with a smile.
~*~
LONDON
The night came expeditiously. Buffy was still having trouble picturing this whole new idea of a relic she’d never even heard of, or, more importantly, Giles had never heard of! She went back to her bed and decided that the best thing she could do was sleep. Slowly she removed the covers from the bed and climbed in. As her head hit the pillow, she drifted off to sleep, never expecting what would happen next.
DREAM
She stood on the edge of a cliff, looking at the brightly lit sky. She could see dusk approaching fast. Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted when she heard someone behind her,
“We’ve been waiting for you Guardian. It is time you knew the truth of who you really are.”
With a jolt she woke from her sleep and looked at the digital clock next to the bed, it read 12:30.
“Uh,”, she thought. Not even daylight and she was having trouble sleeping. With a slight move, she climbed out of her bed and walked out of the room. Maybe a little fresh air would do her some good.
Three doors to the left, Indiana was also having trouble sleeping. He too had been having trouble with dreams. Maybe it was just the airplane food or the climate, but whatever it was, he didn’t know what it all was supposed to mean. With a slight movement, he too crept out of his bed and decided to walk into the lobby. As he locked his door he saw a young girl that was exiting her room. Maybe this time he could try not to cause trouble for anyone.
Buffy looked up from the door when she heard another door being closed. She saw a rather attractive man exiting his room too. At least she wasn’t the only one having trouble sleeping!

~*~
LAS ANGELES
Cordelia was busy with the daily inventory when she heard the phone ring. With an inward sigh, she answered it, hoping that it might be a new job for them, but what she heard was rather disturbing.
“Let me put you through,” she told the voice on the other end of the line.
“Angel, I think you better take this call. It’s Giles.”
“Sure.”
The souled vampire took the call and waited for Giles to finish what he was saying,
“You mean to tell me that Buffy is off to God knows where and she’s messing with something she doesn’t understand?”
“Yes. Something about the message has convinced her it is vital she finds it. She feels that there is something it will reveal to her. I get the feeling the Watcher’s Council doesn’t want her to discover whatever it is.”
“Let me talk to Wesley and ask him what he knows about the other Watcher’s’ agenda.”
”Just be careful. I don’t want Buffy to know that I called you.”
“That won’t be easy! You watch after her.”
“That’s my job.”
With those words the conversation was ended and Angel stood there with a puzzled look on his face.
He looked at the computer screen and then switched it off. For a while he didn’t know what he wanted to do and then it struck him. He better tell everyone involved in Angel’s Investigations about this new development.
He closed the door behind him and saw Cordelia hitting the computer terminal saying some very unladylike things. He wanted to smile, but with the angry look on her face he dare not to.,

“Something wrong?” he asked.
“This @$$@($#$# computer just gave me a warning of a virus. I don’t know what to do.”
“Why don’t you scan it and let it repair itself?” he asked.
“Easier said than done. I tried that and it just said that it can’t be destroyed.”
“Where’s Wesley?” he asked.
“In the lobby.”
“Could you please call him in? We need to talk.”
“WESLEY…ANGEL WANTS YOU!”
“No need to shout,” she heard him say in the doorway.
Wesley came into the office, quite annoyed about Cordelia’s shouting. He turned towards Angel and saw that it was important.,
“What’s the problem?” he asked.
Angel sat down and said,
“I just heard from Giles and he informed me that Buffy is in London investigating her link to an ancient Druid Relic.”
“Which one?” Wesley asked.
With that Angel told them that it was the famed Mirror of Truth, he also told them that the Watchers in London didn’t want her to retrieve the relic in the hopes that she didn’t find out something crucial about her existence.
Wesley looked at the two and said,
“You know that the Watchers don’t like it if someone messes with their plans and that’s exactly what Buffy is doing.”

Chapter 2
Disclaimer: You’ll find it on the first chapter.
A/N 1: Post Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
A/N 2: Some of you wanted to know why I made Anya older than what she really
is, the reason is it coincide with my story~ please be patient, all will be explained.
A/N 3: This chapter focuses on Dawn becoming a Slayer and the Scoobies’ reaction to it.
~*~
Chapter 2
It had been more than seventy years since Indiana had something to do with a powerful religious relic. The previous relic made him immortal. Now a new challenge was waiting for him and this time there was no turning back. He looked at the young woman that exited from her room. Somehow she seemed familiar to him.
Buffy, on the other hand, wasn’t paying attention to him. She felt compelled to do some slaying.
Her ‘spidey senses’ took her to one of the newest cemeteries in London. The Hellmouth wasn’t the only place that had vampire problems! Large and older cities such as London had their share of vampires as well. As she waited for new fledglings to rise from their graves her thoughts drifted to Dawn. She knew that Dawn’s Keyness needed to be protected, but what if something else was waiting for her young sister?
WATCHER’S COUNCIL
The young Watcher that escorted Buffy and Giles to the hotel looked at his superior and said,
“Sir, the Slayer won’t rest until all her secrets are revealed.”
He looked at the young man and with an annoyed expression said,
“You have to make sure that the one secret isn’t revealed to her.”
“You mean…?”
“Yes.”
That word marked the end of their conversation, but before he could leave a siren wailed to life.
“What was that?”
The older male walked towards a computer and looked at the printout produced by the device.
“Sir, a new Slayer was just been activated.”
“Miss Summers…is she dead?”
“No…this shows that she’s still here, but also that the new Slayer resides in Sunnydale.”
“Contact Rupert Giles and inform him of the situation.”
“Sir, that is impossible. You told Mr. Giles to come with the Slayer.”
“Then who can we inform?”
“The only one capable of locating the new Slayer is Miss. Willow Rosenberg.”
“Then do it!”
“Yes, sir.”
~*~
SUNNYDALE
Summer’s’ residence
Willow was just on her way to browse through the newest Magic and occult books when her phone rang.,
“Yes, Willow speaking.”
For a while she stood in mid-motion and listened to the voice on the other end of the line. Then she said,
“I’ll scry for the new Slayer and contact Faith, maybe she’ll come and train the new Slayer.”
The voice asked her if it was wise to contact Faith. Her answer was,
“Faith was released on good behavior and I think it’s time to give her a chance.”
With those words she disconnected the call and walked over to her map of Sunnydale. She pulled out the crystal and in a fluent movement, she swayed it over the map, suddenly it glowed. When she looked closer, a stunned look crossed her face.
“Anya! Could you please come downstairs?”
A muffled voice could be heard from somewhere in one of the rooms, and then steps were heard coming her way. Suddenly Anya stood next to her and asked,
“What’s wrong?”
“Somewhere in this town there’s a new Slayer.”
“What! Is Buffy or Faith dead?”
“No, that’s what makes this so odd.”
“What are you going to do?”
“Start searching!”
SPIKE’S CRYPT
Dawn was sitting with Spike, telling him about her plans for the future, oblivious to the fact that the PTB had other plans for her. She always thought that being The Key would make her immune to other destinies or prophecies they might have.
As she stood there rambling on and on about school, she absentmindedly looked at her wristwatch. Seeing it was half past seven she cried out,
“Oh, crap! I’m late…Willow will kill me if I’m late.”
“Let me walk with you. You know about the undesirables that roam these parts of town.”
“There’s no need. I have my trusty stake and a bottle of holy water with me.”
“Just be careful. You know your sister will kill me if something happens to you.”
Without saying good-bye she ran out of Spike’s crypt and into the cemetery. Without thinking, she slowed down and started to patrol. It was as if it was a natural past time for her.
In the distance Spike was watching her and realized Dawn was becoming more and more like her sister. He ran up to her as she brought the last vampire to his knees and shoved the stake home.
“Niblet…where did you learn to fight this way?”
“I don’t know. It’s as if I was made to do this.”
She said farewell to Spike and ran towards Willow and Tara’s home. As she opened the door, Willow looked at her with a surprised look on her face. The crystal Willow was holding came to a sudden halt and pointed directly at her.
“Willow, what’s going on?” Dawn asked.
“Dawn, we got a phone call from the Council informing us of a new Slayer in Sunnydale…”
“Buffy…Is she?”
“No, she’s not, but the crystal just revealed to us the new Slayer…Dawn it’s you. You are the new Slayer.”
“What?? But I don’t want another destiny!”
“You have no choice, just as Buffy didn’t have a choice.”
“What am I going to do now?”
“We are going to call Faith and ask her to come to Sunnydale and train you.”
Dawn slumped to the ground, defeated. She felt betrayed by the PTB. Wasn’t being The Key enough of a destiny already?
~*~
Chapter 3
Disclaimer can be found on the first chapter
Introduction of the StarGate team.
A/N: Okay in this chapter we found out more about who Dawn actually is. I hope that this is a better chapter.
A/N: Tarithna is a Gau’ld word for Slayer and it means Warrior with mystical powers.
~*~
Sokar’s lair on PX242
Sokar looked at his sister Gloryficus. He knows that she wanted to eradicate all the Ancients for taking the only weapon away from her. He took her hand and whispered,
“Are you sure you want to return to the Tauri’s home world?”
“I know that if I am found there they would know, but I am certain that the only Ancient that can detect my presence won’t know that I am there. This one is in the body of a young Slayer”
“What…Are you saying that a Tarithna is living on Earth?”
“You know that the she won’t go near the Chappaii”
“What makes you sure that it is a she?”
“Just a feeling, brother”
“Okay, I will help you go to Earth, but don’t come crawling back if your plan backfires. Is that clear?”
He took her to one of his scientist and said,
“This man will help you develop a device that would help you blend into the Tauri mainstream. Just be careful that the warriors of the Tauri never find you”
She looked annoyed at her brother and said,
“Don’t worry. I know what I am doing”
She looked at the scientist her brother introduced her to and said,
“I hope your device is affected and that the Tauri never finds out about me”
“My lord, this device is top of the range. Let me explain you its workings”. He took the device which looked like a small coin in his hands and turned it around, then he said,” at first glance it looks like a normal coin, but when you turned it around you see that it has strange markings on its back. That is what you need. It helps you by disguising you into anyone you want it to be. The Tauri will never know you are there”
Glory took the device from the scientist and examined it more clearly, with a devious smile she said,
“At last they will know that you never mess with Glorificus, I am god and I am going to find my key!” she stormed out of the laboratory and went to the nearest ship. She knew that she can’t risk using the Chappaii, because if the other warriors found out that she was on Earth she will be either killed or taken to the Tok’ra for questioning. As she flew by using hyper speed she thought about the key that was taken from her. Millennia went by fast and it is time that it is returned to her. It might have been part of the Ancients, but it is hers! She took it the first time from them and it is time that the girl is returned to her. As she saw the Earth approaching, she cloaked her ship and drifted towards the blue-grey planet. She took the device out of her pocket and placed it on her forehead. Slowly she activated it and she was transformed into a young doctor. As she landed on Earth, she was standing in the middle of a town that she knew had the knowledge of where her key was hidden. Now, she wasn’t known as Glorificus the god, but as Ben the doctor. Ben walked to the nearest hospital with the falsified documents stating that he just completed medical school. As he started his rounds he knew that it must find the key. Dawn walked into the hospital after she promised Buffy that she will volunteer at the hospital. In her heart she wanted to do another thing, but Buffy told her that this was the way to go. So here she stood at the entrance to the psych ward. All of the sudden people around her started to cry,
“Green Light, it is so beautiful”
She started to panic and it was then that she ran out of the hospital. Ben looked at the young girl as she ran past him while the people shouted that there was no-one there and that the light was beautiful. It was then that he knew it was the key that he was looking for. Now the only thing he could do was to find her and take her back to the Gua’ld home world. The Key was the only weapon capable of destroying the Tok’ra and the Tauri and it was time for that to happen. As he morphed back into his feminine guise she walked to the cemetery where she saw the girl ran into. All of the sudden she saw a man sitting on one of the gravestones smoking a cigarette.
“Excuse me sir, but did you see a young girl running this way?”
“What is it to you, pet?” Spike asked
“Well, I need to ask her something”
“No, I haven’t seen anyone coming this way”
Glory was getting annoyed, because she knew the man knew where the girl was. She walked closer and as she neared him her eyes glowed and she started to attack. Spike counter attack her and before she could kill him she said,
“This is what will happen to anyone who comes between me and my Key” with those words she left.

Chapter 4
A/N: This chapter is again focusing on Buffy when she had a Slayer dream telling her that Dawn was a Slayer and her reaction when the group at home confirmed it
~*~
London
Buffy went back to the hotel after a successful night of slaying. She could feel the fatigue setting in and she knew that it was time to hit the hay. So as she placed her head back onto the pillow she started to dream.
DreamPlaine
Buffy stood at the entrance to a cemetery and saw a young girl fighting. At first she thought that it was her she was looking at, but as she moved closer to the girl she was looking at the face of her sister. Suddenly a voice drifted towards her and when she turned around she saw a figure clothed in light standing next to her.
“Guardian of the Key, we have been waiting for you for over Millennia and are glad to finally meet you, but you have to understand something”
“What are you talking about and why is my sister doing a slay?”
“Simple…she is designed to fight, but not with the enemy you are familiar to fight with. Her enemy is the false gods that inhabits the galaxy”
“are you saying that aliens are real?”
“What you call aliens, then yes…they are real and they are dangerous. Your sister was an energy ball by design and was worn around the neck by one of the Tok’ra. Gloryficus stole the medallion from the Tok’ra and if it wasn’t for the monks of Dagon, then the galaxy would have been in Glory’s power”
“What power does my sister yield?”
“The only thing I can tell you that it is a virus that is potent to all Gua’ulds. Even the Tok’ra isn’t immune to the virus. The gestation period of the virus is approximately 3 hours since exposure and the virus will make itself known when your sister turns 16 and that is in three weeks time. That is why we activated the Ancient Gene in her so that she can be prepared for what is to come”
“And the Mirror, why is that important?”
The being looked at her and said,
“The Mirror shows you your real destiny and it is to defend the world from all evil, there is someone who is coming that is linked to you and the Mirror. Don’t reject his help”
Before Buffy could ask more questions about what was happening the apparition of her sister *Dawn* looked at her and with a smile she said,
“Time to move on Buffy”
With a start she woke up and again she looked at the digital clock 07:45 was what showed on the clock. It was time for her to meet Giles for breakfast before they went back to the watcher’s council for some training. She took her vanity bag and walked to the bathroom. The dream was beginning to haunt her and she knew that she had to phone Willow and ask her what is going on. The Mirror was maybe her only like to find out what her new job entailed. For a while she just stood in the bathroom looking bewildered. How is she going to find the Mirror if a stupid Slayer dream keeps on interrupting her? So as she combed her hair and fixed her make-up she decided to ask Giles for some assistance in interpreting her dream. She walked to the restaurant in the hotel and as she saw Giles sitting by one of the tables she made her appearance noticeable to him.
“Buffy, don’t do that!” Giles whispered while grasping his chest.
She just smiled at him and sat down,
“Well, what is on the agenda today?” she asked
“For starters I think that we need to go to the Council and let you exercise a bit. I think you need to keep your reflexes sharp. How did you sleep last night?” he asked as a matter of fact
“Well, I did have some trouble, but I went on patrol until 02:30 and when I came back I had another of those pesky Slayer Dreams. I think we must call Willow and ask her what it might mean”
“What did you dream off?”
“Um, I dreamt that a strange figure came to me and said that there is a Slayer with more power on this Earth and it is linked to the Ancients. Do you know what that means?”
Giles looked at the young girl in front of him and said,
“I know next to nothing about the Ancients, but there are two men that might have an idea. The first one is in Washington DC and the other I don’t have an idea, but I have a number I might try”
“Who are these two men you refer to?”
Giles looked at the digital clock near the entrance and as he glanced at it he said,
“The first one is Professor Indiana Jones an archaeologist and the latter is Professor Daniel Jackson. The last I heard of these two was six years ago at a symposium. I think I will try to contact these two while you contact Willow. But first tell me a bit about the dream you had”
With those words they sat down and while they drank some coffee she told Giles every detail of the dream she had and that something called the *Golds* are looking for Dawn. Giles looked at his wrist watch and said,
“Maybe you must call back home and ask Willow if there is a new Slayer and if it is Dawn”
“I think it is a great idea, but what if it is true? What am I going to do, I can’t lose Dawn even if she isn’t real, and she is real to me”
“I know what you mean, but we will cross that bridge when we get there”
“Okay, let’s go to the Council, but they don’t need to know what we know now. I will phone Willow this evening before I go on patrol”
With those words they left the hotel and drove to the council.”
~*~
StarGate Command
Daniel looked at the artifacts they just got from PX23Zs, it was just what he needed a big headache he can’t afford to have. There was nothing on this Earth that can help him decipher it and it is frustrating, while he was busy with the papers his thought was disrupted by a sudden alarm
“Unauthorized gate activity the voice on the intercom blared”
Daniel left his office and went to the control room where they waited to hear what the story is,
“Sir, it is the Tok’ra” the technician said
“Open the Iris” General Hammond said.
With that the technician opened the Iris and three of the Tok’ra representatives stepped out,
“Moring Jacob, what brings you here today?”
Jacob looked at General Hammond and said,
“We got intel that a dangerous Gua’uld has escaped to Earth looking for the Ultimate weapon that can destroy them and destroy it before it can destroy them. All that we know is that it can be identified as green energy”
The General looked at the Tok’ra and said,
“We heard nothing so far from this weapon, but we will keep our ears and eyes open for any information”
As they stepped into the briefing room Daniel came into the room with an excited expression on his face,
“Sir, I think you better take a look at this”
With that he gave them a file with Buffy’s photo on it. There was a small disc attached to the file and as they entered it into the computer a series of images played on the screen. It showed Buffy taking down the Initiative, Willow casting a major spell. Suddenly as they looked at the computer a voice played on the intercom,
“As you witness here. This girl is what is known as a Slayer, she looks fragile, but she is dangerous. A few months ago she was still a single child of Joyce Summer, but suddenly a younger sister was integrated into her life”. With that a picture of Dawn came onto the screen. When Jacob looked at the screen he began to speak in Selmac’s voice,
“That is the weapon Glorificus is looking for. The monks made it into a young human girl! We better get in touch with her so that she can be protected, it doesn’t look like she knows what she really is”

~*~
London
Buffy took her mobile phone and dialed home,
“Willow speaking”
“Hey Wills. How are things going there?”
“Buffy, it is good to hear from you. All is fine Faith says hi”
“Oh, is she there or are you alone?”
“She isn’t here at the moment. She is busy training a new Slayer”
“What are you talking about?”
“It looks like the PTB activated a new Slayer and she is unique in every way”
“Who is the new Slayer?”
“It is Dawn. She just started showing the slayer power”
Buffy wasn’t overjoyed to find out that her sister was the next Slayer, but she understands that it has to be done. Then she told Willow she wants to have a detailed report on Dawn’s progress.
“Sure thing Buffy”

Last edited by TessHardingEvans on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:31 pm 
This is really cute...and very original! :) I like to see new ways of writing Buffy. Can't wait for the next chapter! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:20 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I haven't written the next part yet, but as soon as I do I will post it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:33 am 
Fan Fic Lover

An interesting start, looking forward to finding out what buffy will learn.

~ Teri ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:44 pm 
Me too and yes, please post more when you get it updated! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:35 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I am having trouble with this fic could someone please help me finish it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:09 am 
Well...you could have Buffy wind up falling for Indy and then having a wild affair with him! :lol: J/K! :) Or you could just have her learn more secrets that could help aid her in saving the world. :)

Sorry, not very good suggestions I'm sure. I've been pretty busy with school here lately or I'd try to help more! :) I'm still writing The New Girl, my Spuffy story too! It's hard when you get so far and then don't know where to go...trust me, I know!

I'll be anxiously awaiting your next part! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:19 am 
Feedbacking Sci Fi King

Buffy and Indy! That really is original! I hope your muse comes up with some more. It's a good start! :D

Hopeless Candy-Coated, Stargazing, Dreamer!
- - - -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:36 am 
Yeah, it is! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:14 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  YIM  Profile

You guys have been patien. SO here is the next part. Hope you like it
~*~
They could still see the pain of being left by her mother on the girl. Suddenly their thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door,
“Good afternoon, could you please tell me where I might find a Dawn Summers”
As she heard her name being called she walked up to the stranger and said,
“It is I. What can I do for you?”
“Well, miss, I have a letter here for you”, he handed her the letter and left just as abruptly as what he came.
Dawn closed the door behind her and looked at the envelope. There was no address or identification on the letter and with shaken hands she opened it. As she read it her face turned pale,
My dearest sister
When you read this letter I am probably on my way to London. I am sorry for leaving you just when you need someone to take care of you. I don’t know when I will return and if I am to return. All that I can say is that this is one of the most dangerous missions I am going on. Please don’t let the others worry about me just as I am going to try and not worry about the lot of you.
Your Caring sister, Buffy

She looked up from the letter and showed it to the two and said,
“I hate her for leaving me. I bet she is going to die just as mother did!”
“Don’t say that Dawn. You know how she is. She is a fighter and will never quit”
Tara and Willow walked up to the fragile girl and wrapped their hands around her. Trying to console her.
~*~
London
Buffy walked out into the lobby of the airport. Her heart was beating with anticipation. What will she find out when she locate the mirror? Will her life still be connected with the slaying of vampires or will it reveal a new destiny for her?
As she tried to picture her life without her friends present she heard a voice speak behind her,
“Buffy Summers?”
She turned around and noticed a man about forty years old with a pipe in his hand,
“Don’t tell me…you are part of the tweed brigade?”
“If you revered to the Watchers Counsil then you are right. We are here to keep an eye on you”
“You don’t need to do that. I know what I am doing here”
They walked out of the lobby and climbed into one of the flashy cars outside.

A few steps away Indiana Jones was also exiting the lobby. He had a reservation at one of the five star hotels in the London district. For what he was about to find out when he comes into contact with the Mirror will alter his universe for the rest of his life. He would find a link to an old past he forgot about. Maybe it will be a positive affect on him.

Buffy looked at the man that drove with her to the hotel. She knew for a fact that if the watcher’s counsil was involved in this it must be important for them.
Suddenly the man interrupted her thoughts,
“Here we are”
She looked up and saw the grand hotel and climbed out.
“Thank you” with that she took her bags and entered the lobby
tbc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:22 pm 
Feedbacking Sci Fi King

Interesting! I wonder what Indy is going to see in that "link to an old past!" :D

- - - -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:29 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  YIM  Profile

:D You'll see it is something VERRRY Interesting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:14 am 
CooL! :) Words I like to hear! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:45 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  YIM  Profile

As soon as I can I'll post the next part. Promise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:14 pm 
Awesome!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:20 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Almost done with fic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:39 pm 
Cool!! :) I'll keep my eyes open for it! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:40 am 
Feedbacking Sci Fi King

Eyes are still open, but don't see anything. :lol This is a very interesting fic. I hope you write more soon. :D

- - - -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:58 pm 
Fan Fic Follower
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Like I said on Another Pretender, Sometimes Hiatus then not. Have to wait and see :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:05 pm 
That's cool, take your time! :) I know all about blocks in writing! lol! :) We all have them. :)